Today a client asked me how they could get a website recrawled.
Unfortunately, it is June 2016 and it appears that there is no option which exists to have an entire site re-crawled. If you have a website with hundreds or over 1,000 pages you’ll just have to wait it out and let the spiders do their thing.
- Fetch & Render. If you are ok with getting one page at a time crawled again, fetch and render is for you. In this article I explain that it is a fast process. It can take up to 4 days, however, depending on how much Google trusts your site.
- Sitemap. If you haven’t uploaded your sitemap into Google Search Console yet, now would be the time to do it. As a note, all of the sites I work with already have their sitemap submitted and working perfectly. I do wonder what would happen if the sitemap was NOT submitted. Does submiting a sitemap prod Google into crawling your website all over again?
Do you have nay ideas on how to get Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu or any other search engine to recrawl an entire 500+ page site (easily)?
Latest posts by Len (see all)
- What Happened to ChicagoNow.com? - August 30, 2022
- The December 2021 Google Local Pack Algorithm Update - December 17, 2021
- Map Displaying to the Right of the Local Pack in Google Test in July 2021 - July 30, 2021
Leave a Reply