I encounter a variety of problems with Google Place pages or Google+ Local Pages. Business owners forget passwords, need to update their listings, need to reclaim their listings, or have trouble getting their pages verified.
Basic troubleshooting is available at the following locations online:
- Google Places quality guidelines
- Places for Business Help Center
- Searching the Google and Your Business forum
- I also cover many Google+ Local Page problems in the Google+ Local Pages Google+ Community
Sometimes you need assistance directly from places support. I should note that if you have a location that does not meet the quality guidelines, telephone support will be unable to help. Most people do not know about this but the people at phone support are NOT the same people that have the final say in your place page’s listing. But, they can be extremely helpful.
So, what is their number? To call Google simply go to the Google Places for Business Help Center. At the top right hand side of the screen you will see a “contact us” button (image below).
Click this button and a window will appear with an option that says “Call us”. The next screen asks for your name, email address, and phone number. Enter the required information and click “call me”. Typically your phone will ring in 10 seconds or so. Once you answer, you will be placed on hold and a representative will be with you shortly.
If you have unresolved issues with your Google listing feel free to post about it in the Google+ Local Pages Google+ Community or contact us for assistance. Once your page is up and running be sure to market your Google+ page. If you’re not sure how to do this please see our page which is all about Google+ Marketing.
- What Happened to ChicagoNow.com? - August 30, 2022
- The December 2021 Google Local Pack Algorithm Update - December 17, 2021
- Map Displaying to the Right of the Local Pack in Google Test in July 2021 - July 30, 2021