Since writing about Yahoo Small Business and Aabaco hosting problems in late 2015, I have been contacted THOUSANDS of times by very angry Aabaco users. One of their top complaints is email problems. Users are outraged! I don’t even offer email hosting for people, they are just venting to me. That’s fine with me!
Below are the problems and solutions.
Aabaco, Yahoo Small Business Email Problems Leave Customers Furious
The most popular Yahoo Small Business / Luminate / Aabaco email complaints I have heard about are:
- Unable to access email
- Email hosting plan deactivated
- Email held hostage, unable to resolve with customer service
- Aabaco will not cancel email hosting services
- Unable to access an @yahoo.com email address or login name
- Spam flooding email inbox
- SMPT and POP server problems
- Mail fails to send via PHP forms
- Unable to delete business emails
- Email doesn’t show up on PC due to SSL errors
- Email notifications not showing up
- New login needed for aabaco which is no longer connected to your yahoo email
- 502 Gateway errors
- Unable to change email passwords
- Good emails going to trash folder
- Small Business email hacked
- Recipients not receiving sent emails via Aabaco hosting
- People receiving spoofed emails
- Can’t create new email users
- IMAP email not showing on Android or iPhone or Thunderbird or Outlook
You do not have to host your email the same place you host your website. If you like Aabaco web hosting, you can keep it. Or you can wash your hands of them and go somewhere else.
If you do decide to stay OR move, you can always put your email with a third party such as Google’s G-Suite, or with Exchange Online, etc. When you host your own email with a third party, the email is routed to them. I have had GREAT success with G-Suite (formerly known as Google Apps for Business).
As for the website itself, well, you get what you pay for in the world of hosting. Here are, in my opinion, the best, most simple options for web hosting, especially if you have a small business website:
- $2.95 / MO Hosting via Bluehost You can install WordPress with 1 click here at Bluehost. This is a cheap web host and I host many sites there and have referred many people there. It is a great host even if you use Drupal or Joomla or a different CMS.
- $29 / MO Hosting at WP Engine. This company offers managed WordPress. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less. The $29/mo personal plan is excellent for small businesses. Unlike Bluehost they offer free, regular backups. If you have a business which must be up at all times and you may need support beyond what you can find for 3 bucks a month, go with WP Engine.
Did you have a problem with your Aabaco email?
Tell us about it.
- What Happened to ChicagoNow.com? - August 30, 2022
- The December 2021 Google Local Pack Algorithm Update - December 17, 2021
- Map Displaying to the Right of the Local Pack in Google Test in July 2021 - July 30, 2021
I lost over 10 years of emails. They all disappeared. I phoned them numerous times to get help, but they said I needed tech support, put me on hold, and then nobody answered.
I LOST ACCESS TO BUSINESS WEBSITE EMAIL. I CONTACTED SMALL BUSINESS UNIT AT LEAST 5 TIME WIHT NO ANSWER. I FOLLOWED ALL THE TECHNICAL DIRECTION AND THEY DID NOT WORK . THEY CREATED A MESS WITH NO WAY TO FIX IT. I MOVED MYU SITE AND SMALL BUSINESS SAYS ON MY LOGIN THAT IT NO LONGER AVAILABLE, BUT NOW, MY NEW HOST SAYS IT IS NO LONGER AVAILAABL.E
Hey Mark, I had almost the same experience you had with yahoo small business mail. I am taking measures to change to Gmail instead. What a waste of time and money yahoo email has been…