The “Yandex.Webmaster” section of Yandex’s site is ironically webmaster.yandex.com. Why didn’t they just call it Webmaster.Yandex?
Anyways, do you need it?
Fiddling with Yandex
Today I logged in and poked around a bit. I decided to register my site and upload a sitemap to it. I poked around. I did discover that Yandex didn’t know the “region” of my site, which is interesting. I mean, I run Telapost from a building but it is privately owned and located on private property and there probably isn’t any identifying location information on the site. But if I were a law firm in Dallas Texas I would definitely want search engines to know where my business is located.
Will Yandex benefit you? It is a tough call without combing through your website. I am sure I can find something wrong with your site, and that means there is a good chance that Yandex can, too. Of course, if you are located in Russia, Ukraine or Kazakhstan, you should probably be using Yandex, too. 🙂
Here’s what I did today:
- Register with Yandex. https://webmaster.yandex.com
- Add your site and verify rights to it
- Add Sitemap file under Indexing | Sitemap files
I will update this article as I learn more about Yandex.
- What Happened to ChicagoNow.com? - August 30, 2022
- The December 2021 Google Local Pack Algorithm Update - December 17, 2021
- Map Displaying to the Right of the Local Pack in Google Test in July 2021 - July 30, 2021