On Memorial Day, May 28, 2018, I saw something new in Google’s Mobile Search results which I found very interesting – a new feature called “interesting finds”!
The new feature highlights content off of websites, including blogs on business websites. Here’s a screenshot of what the new feature looks like on my phone:
Apparently, Google tested this feature back in April.
Here’s a quick video I made about it:
- Content displaying does not rank on page 1
- Content displayed is content Google thinks may be relevant to the searcher’s intent
- This feature is only on mobile (right now)
- AMP does not influence or trigger this at all
- I am seeing “interesting finds” for a very wide variety of keywords including local businesses when there is enough demand.
What do you think of “Interesting Finds”?
As time allows I will play with this new feature some more and update this article. In the meantime please feel free to let me know what you think of this new feature.
- 3 Ways To Tell if Google has Indexed Your Content - November 1, 2020
- Google Slows New Content from Entering Search Results in October 2020 - October 19, 2020
- August 15 2020 Google Algorithm Update and Organic Traffic Fluctuations - August 16, 2020