On Memorial Day, May 28, 2018, I saw something new in Google’s Mobile Search results which I found very interesting – a new feature called “interesting finds”!
The new feature highlights content off of websites, including blogs on business websites. Here’s a screenshot of what the new feature looks like on my phone:
Apparently, Google tested this feature back in April.
Here’s a quick video I made about it:
- Content displaying does not rank on page 1
- Content displayed is content Google thinks may be relevant to the searcher’s intent
- This feature is only on mobile (right now)
- AMP does not influence or trigger this at all
- I am seeing “interesting finds” for a very wide variety of keywords including local businesses when there is enough demand.
What do you think of “Interesting Finds”?
As time allows I will play with this new feature some more and update this article. In the meantime please feel free to let me know what you think of this new feature.
Latest posts by Len (see all)
- What Happened to ChicagoNow.com? - August 30, 2022
- The December 2021 Google Local Pack Algorithm Update - December 17, 2021
- Map Displaying to the Right of the Local Pack in Google Test in July 2021 - July 30, 2021
Is there a way to get interesting finds off my cell phone and computer when I do a Google search. Some articles that I wish to see buried are coming up too much.