Some celebrities and verified brand pages have had the verification checkmark / badge beside them for quite some tome now. Now, Facebook offers the checkmark for local businesses.
While Facebook offers up instructions in their help center explaining how a local business page owner could get the verification mark, they are not very clear. I already have clients asking me how to get the checkmark for their local office or locally owned business, so I thought I’d put together an article on it.
How to verify your Facebook local business page:
- Log in to Facebook and from the page you are seeking verification, go to “settings.”
- If you are an owner or a manager of the page, you should see a “page verification” button.
- When you click edit a screen appears which says “Verified Pages show up higher in search results”.
- On this next screen, enter your phone number and click “Call Me Now”.
At the time of this article the button is broken and does nothing. So, I clicked onto “Verify this Page with documents instead.”
- The documentation screen asks for a copy of a bill, etc.
- And this is the screen you receive once your documents are uploaded:
Did you get the verification badge?
How long did it take?
Did you get Facebook to call you?
- 3 Ways To Tell if Google has Indexed Your Content - November 1, 2020
- Google Slows New Content from Entering Search Results in October 2020 - October 19, 2020
- August 15 2020 Google Algorithm Update and Organic Traffic Fluctuations - August 16, 2020