When sharing a Business’s URL from Google Maps, reportivng Spam to Google, when linking to your Google My Business page from your website, or when asking clients for reviews you need the URL to a Google Maps listing.
How To Properly Get a Business’s Google Maps URL (on Desktop):
- Go to maps.google.com
- Search for the business name and select the business
- Select the “Share” option to get a URL for the location.
How To Properly Get a Business’s Google Maps URL (on Mobile):
- Android users may open the Maps app
- Type in (or speak) the business name and select it
- Select the “share” button at the bottom of the screen
FIVE Types of Google Maps Location URLs:
There are several ways to get a URL to a business in Google Maps.In the example above, I used the Raleigh Carmax.
Via desktop, the Carmax in Raleigh’s Google Maps URL is:
On mobile, Maps App users are given this URL for the exact same company:
Both are simply a shortened version of this:
However, if you are on Desktop, then search Google for the listing, then go to Maps and COPY the URL from your address bar, the URL looks like this:
Also… Depending on the browser used, you can get a different URL all together.
Some business owners have claimed their “G page” short URLs. In those cases, the URL looks different. It’s simply a URL shortener business owners may use in their Google My Business dashboard. Mercedes Benz of Raleigh’s Maps URL looks like this:
How To Get a “G Page” Short URL
If you like the Mercedes Benz example above and want to make your life as simple as possible, go ahead and get your G Page URL. I wrote about how to do this here: How To Get a Google My Business Custom URL.
You could always place a redirect on your domain as well, such as telapost.com/map/ and have that point to your actual URL.
- 3 Ways To Tell if Google has Indexed Your Content - November 1, 2020
- Google Slows New Content from Entering Search Results in October 2020 - October 19, 2020
- August 15 2020 Google Algorithm Update and Organic Traffic Fluctuations - August 16, 2020