Google My Business recently rolled out a new feature recently which allows GMB pages to get a simple to use URL such as g.page/businessname. This custom URL is called a “short name”. Here’s how to get it.
To get your custom URL (short name), follow these steps:
- Log in to business.google.com
- Select your business and scroll down to the “Info” section
- In the info area, click “Add profile short name” and enter your short name.
I just made ours. As you can see, it’s https://g.page/telapost/.
The g.page link is essentially a “URL shortener”, and clicking it simply takes you to the longer URL which looks like this:
The new, custom URL is much easier to remember and print on business cards.
- 3 Ways To Tell if Google has Indexed Your Content - November 1, 2020
- Google Slows New Content from Entering Search Results in October 2020 - October 19, 2020
- August 15 2020 Google Algorithm Update and Organic Traffic Fluctuations - August 16, 2020