December, 2015: I recently noticed that the Yahoo Finance page was completely changed. The site now has strange news, recommended games, market movers, a lack of links to the message boards, and other significant changes that most users of Yahoo Finance will have ZERO interest in.
The finance page was the only thing I personally used at Yahoo, and now it is gone.
A quick search revealed a thread on Yahoo where users are expressing their disdain for the “new” Yahoo Finance page. Most are wondering where the old version of Yahoo Finance went to, and if there is a way to bring up the old version instead of the new “beta” version.
Here are some of the comments from the thread:
- Was someone smoking Colorado cigarettes when they thought of this beta version?
- This new format sucks!!
- Ads block the information so this is not usable
- I can’t even navigate this site anymore. Where are the message board links? This is a total travesty.
- You have taken the best financial information website in the universe turned it into JUNK.
- Maybe the CEO should leave now.
- Please. Can we please go back to the old format. This is the only reason I login to Yahoo. And no more Kardashian ****. Please
- Are you trying to Crash and Burn Yahoo to the Ground????
What do you think about the new Yahoo Finance site?
Let me know below. If you left Yahoo, where did you go?
What are some of the new website design problems, and how important is usability to you?
Update July 12, 2016: Yahoo Finance is completely changed!
The above article and the first 20-30 comments below apply to the previous change which already had people angry. As of July 12 2016 the Yahoo finance site has taken a terrible turn for the worse in most people’s opinion. Yahoo has recently also destroyed small business listings and destroyed their hosting platform leaving thousands of business owners stranded, looks like they are moving on to the finance site and other sections of their site…
- 3 Ways To Tell if Google has Indexed Your Content - November 1, 2020
- Google Slows New Content from Entering Search Results in October 2020 - October 19, 2020
- August 15 2020 Google Algorithm Update and Organic Traffic Fluctuations - August 16, 2020